Chinese Weiqi Association
Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd
Beijing Fox Century Technology Co., Ltd
June 23-24: Preliminary contest (at site) as 5-7 rounds (subject to number of actual applicant teams) of Swiss-system contest. The top 8 enters the circle;
Early July: Top 8 circle (online). Seven rounds of circle contest on Tencent Foxwq platform (use black and white stones respectively for two games in each round). Top 4 enters site final;
Late July: Final (at site). The winner of 5-game contest in semi-final enters the final; the winner of 7-game contest in the final will be the champion.
(I) Contest Awards
Total awards: CNY 1,160,000.
Champion: CNY 400,000;
Runner-up: CNY 200,000;
3rd - 4th place: CNY 120,000;
5th - 8th place: CNY 60,000;
9th - 16th place: CNY 10,000.
(II) Transportation, Meals and Accommodation Subsidies
Transportation subsidy and reimbursement of local meals and accommodation for 2 persons for each team. Excessive members in the teams should pay the meals and accommodation expenses.
(III) Extra Subsidy for Overseas Teams
The teams from out of Mainland China that enters top 16 in preliminary contest will win extra subsidy: (No extra subsidy for the final)
1. Extra subsidy in the amount of CNY 10,000 for the teams from Asia
2. Extra subsidy in the amount of CNY 20,000 for the teams from out of Asia
Voluntary application for the contest. Application channels:
Official contest email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions for Application:
(I) Game skill: The program wins top 8 in world artificial intelligence Weiqi competitions (in recent 3 years) or game skill is at 9D or above on Tencent Foxwq Platform;
(II) Originality: The program should be original with program source code (in case of open source software, the author or authorized person can apply. There should be only 1 team with one kind of open source software applying for the contest).
(I) The board of 19x19 grid of lines and the latest Chinese Weiqi rules with 7.5 point compensation for the white are adopted for the Contest. Being late for 15 minutes or more should be deemed as forfeiting the game;
(II) Accumulative forfeiting of 2 games should be deemed as forfeiting the contest and automatic waiver of contest award;
(III) The chief judge will assist in judging game ending and stone counting. The repeating position including triple ko should be judged as a draw;
(IV) Game Time:
1. Preliminary contest, top 8 circle, and semi-final: Basic time of 30 minutes, second counting of 5 times for 1 minute left and determination of losing for timeout;
2. Final: Basic time of 1 hour, second counting of 10 times for 1 minute left and determination of losing for timeout;
(V) Rank Calculation Method of Preliminary Contest:
1. The scores of the teams should be compared, and the team with higher score ranks higher;
2. In case of same scores, the aggregate score of the teams’ opponents should be compared, and the team with higher aggregate score ranks higher;
3. If the aggregate scores of the teams’ opponents are the same, the winning or losing should be compared, and the winner ranks higher;
4. If the rank still cannot be decided, it should be determined by additional game.
(VI) Rank Calculation Method of Top 8 Circle:
1. The scores of the teams should be compared, and the team with higher score ranks higher; (2 games in each round. Winner wins 2 points, loser wins 0 point and teams in draw win 1 point respectively)
2. In case of same points, the winning or losing should be compared, and the winner ranks higher;
3. If the rank still cannot be decided, it should be determined by additional 3-game contest.
(VII) In the final, if the final score ties, additional game should be played till the game decides the victory.
(VIII) There are 3 chances of fault handling in each game for maximum 10 minutes each time. The fault handling time will not be included in game time. If the network goes offline during the online game, it will automatically enter fault-handling state. Application should be submitted to the judge for site contest. The judge should have the right to query and learn the details of the fault.
(IX) The default protocol of the contest is TCP/IP Network Communication Protocol and GTP Go Text Protocol; manual board arrangement is acceptable, of which the time should be included in game time.
(X) All the moves must be generated by artificial intelligence program and cannot be revised manually.
Please send the following information to official contest email before June 15, 2018 and the reply of confirmation should be deemed as successful application: (refer to attachments for application forms)
(I) Name of artificial intelligence Weiqi program;
(II) The full names, nationalities, sequence and whether to attend site contest of all the authors (at least 1 person attending site contest);
(III) Detailed post information, cellphone No., email, instant messenger and account No. of liable corresponding author;
(IV) Information of the organization represented by intelligence program (if none, in the name of corresponding author);
(V) Originality technology statement (please declare the originality of the program or authorization statement of open source program);
(VI) Site energy demand (please indicate any potential hardware requirement, such as high-power source), remote connection and network requirement;
(VII) Description of compatibility for connecting local area network through GTP protocol;
(VIII) Starting and ending date of contest participation, and description of special arrangements of meals and accommodation.
Official contest email: email@example.com